An accepted definition of green and sustainable development is the ability to achieve growth, environmental protection and social progress concurrently. HFX Systems is committed to promoting sustainability and achieving this balance as best it can. Concern for the environment and promoting a broader sustainability agenda are integral to HFX Systems’ professional activities and the management of the company. In all it’s endeavours, HFX Systems aims to follow and promote good sustainability practice, to reduce the environmental impacts of all its activities and to help its partners and clients to do the same.
Its sustainability policy is based on the following principles:
- To comply with, and exceed where practical, all relevant legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
- To integrate sustainability considerations into all business decisions.
- To ensure that all staff are fully aware of the company’s environmental sustainability policy and that they are committed to implementing and improving it.
- To annually review its policy and to continually strive to improve the company’s sustainability performance.
HFX Systems enforces its policy by implementing the following practical steps:
- All designers and installers strive to design, supply and install energy efficient electronic systems and promote the installation of control systems that allow for sub system integration to schedule operation in the most efficient manner possible.
- The company only stocks, supplies and installs ROHS-certified electronic products that comply with international guidelines as set out for the elimination of hazardous substances.
- The company practices safe disposal of used and non-serviceable electronic equipment by means of scheduled delivery of such items to respective recycling centres.
- The company strives for the energy efficient operation of it’s premises by means of automated energy saving, processor-controlled switching so that everything is switched off in non-operational areas